Swim lessons: the life-saving skills that will last a lifetime.
• The Learn-to-Swim programme teaches the principles of aquatic safety, water orientation and survival techniques – the basic aquatic skills
• Up to 4 lessons per week
• Duration of lessons: 15 or 30 minutes
Equipment required: Purple Cybersmart Swim Cap, Kickboard.
Fun & Fitness
First, Second & Third level of Stroke-Correction:
• Introduction and appropriate teaching of all four swimming disciplines: Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke, and Freestyle
• The swimmers start at the very basic level and as they improve; they will progress to the next level
• Each level represents a higher standard of swimming, a higher intensity of training and a longer mileage per training session
• Up to 6 lessons per week
• Duration of lessons: 30 minutes
Equipment required: Blue Cybersmart Swim Cap, Fins, Kickboard.
Swim School Plus
• Swimmers receive their first competition training
• Introduction to age group provincial competitions as per regulated by CTMA, WCA, Swim SA and World Aquatics.
• This is a very ‘mild’, fun filled introduction where the kids and parents get to experience for the first time the competitive environment of a swimming gala.
• 6 lessons each week
• Duration of lessons: 60 minutes
Equipment: Green swim cap, kickboard, fins, pull buoy, paddles.
• Swimmers in this group chose swimming as their primary sport
• They aspire to excel provincially, nationally
• Daily training sessions and dedication is required
• Up to 10 swimming sessions each week (90 min.)
• 2 SwimGym classes per week (60 min.)
Equipment required: Pink Cybersmart Swim Cap, Kickboard, Fins, Pull-buoy, Paddles, Snorkel.
• Professional swimming classes for competitive athletes
• Aspiring to become internationally recognized swimmers
• This is the highest standard of swimming in South Africa
• 10x 120-min-session per week
• 3x 60-min SwimGym classes per week
Equipment required: Orange swim cap. Kickboard. Fins. Pull buoy. Paddles. Snorkel.
Masters, Triathletes, Lifesavers, Biathleats
• Masters swimming is a fast-growing leisure activity.
• Our group is very friendly and welcome newcomers.
• Our members will follow a set of different drills and swims each time typically covering anything from 2.5 km to 3.5 km per one-hour session
• Our club have lanes and so whilst the younger and faster swimmers who are competing nationally and regionally are at one end, the other lanes are for hobbyists who may have taken up swimming quite recently
• 5x 60-min weekly sessions
Equipment required: Yellow Cybersmart Swim Cap. Kickboard. Pull-buoy. Paddles.